Welcome to my world.

A quick snippet from my world. I started triathlons when i was 12 in the northwest of W.A and never have looked back. The bikes and gear were pretty simple back then but it was great fun. Now the gear is a bit more high tech but just as much fun. In February 2010, I took the next step in my racing and full filled a small childhood dream of mine, I gained endorsment as a pro triathlete. Now the fun really begins and the training intensifies 10 fold.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My first race as a pro


Didn't exactly go according to plan. The format for the race was an eliminator, which meant 3 races of the same distance 300/8/2. In the first race 16 people get knocked out, in the second race 8 people get knocked out and then its on for Young and old to win the race and the loot.

The swim was a smash fest, from the gun there was arms and legs going everywhere. I think i swallowed more water than taking breaths. I came out of the water just behind the leaders which i was happy with. The ride was a nice short dogs leg, with 2 180deg turns and a nice high speed corner in the middle. the pace was no higher than training but with all the extra salt water on board the body decided to shut down which made for a hard ride. i managed to hold the lead group for 2 laps and then got dropped. I made it back on to the back 3 more times by then the damage was done - i was knackered. i got popped off the back and rolled home. The run was on the same course, 2 times. nothing exciting happened there, i didn't loose a place and i didn't gain one.

I finished 24th out of 30, which meant i was out of the next race, which kinda sucked but that's racing. I then turned my attention to the long course race the next day.

No comments: