Welcome to my world.

A quick snippet from my world. I started triathlons when i was 12 in the northwest of W.A and never have looked back. The bikes and gear were pretty simple back then but it was great fun. Now the gear is a bit more high tech but just as much fun. In February 2010, I took the next step in my racing and full filled a small childhood dream of mine, I gained endorsment as a pro triathlete. Now the fun really begins and the training intensifies 10 fold.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Huski weekend Part I

Well it was on again the Huski Tri Fest. The weather and the people turned up for what proved to be another successful weekend of racing and another big weekend for myself (which the jury is still out on whether its a good idea to do races in as many days). But here goes. Saturday morning was the Pro Tour, and the guys and girls didn't disappoint (I hope), there were a few big hitters turn up - such as Kemp, Aernouts, Choi for the guys and Norton and Luxford for the girls - to get some race practice in before the the ITU season kicks off in Sydney in April. This made for a fun and tough race, all the young guys were out to prove a point and me, I was out to hang on as best I could and not come last (which is always the goal in these races).

The swim was like any other, fast and furious and didn't let up until the end. I came out of the water in a small group about 30sec done on the lead pack. The race then started in earnest, on the bike. Where I started to chase down the lead pack. Mr Aernouts and one other caught up in the first 5km, which made the chase a little easier, not much but a little because I got say the man can ride, he did a lot of the work and pushed it all the way until we caught the second group on the road with about 6km to go. The pace didn't ease off by any means - it felt like I was in a road race, flat knacker the whole way only this time I was hoping the legs would hold together for the run.

Then what do you know along came the run and we were off. The legs held together better than expected and I managed to catch one guy on the run and hold off another who was catching. With all the injury woes I've encountered this season (not making any excuses here, any injury is, 95% of time preventable from the start) I was very happy that the body held together for this race, my time was down a little, but I was happy that I could finally see some improvement and glad knowing that there is still more improvement to come. I finished in a time 1.01 and finished 10th. Then the worry and self preservation started., hoping that I would recover in time for the next day's Open long course

No comments: