Welcome to my world.

A quick snippet from my world. I started triathlons when i was 12 in the northwest of W.A and never have looked back. The bikes and gear were pretty simple back then but it was great fun. Now the gear is a bit more high tech but just as much fun. In February 2010, I took the next step in my racing and full filled a small childhood dream of mine, I gained endorsment as a pro triathlete. Now the fun really begins and the training intensifies 10 fold.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Forgive me world for I have sinned...

Forgive me world for I have sinned... It has been 16months since my last blog.  It has been a Topsy turvey time in which I have had a second back operation and lost more mobility in my lower left.

I'm at the point now where I can run but it is far from quick, I think the quickest so far is 5min/k for 5k and doesn't look like its going to get any better.  My cycling has suffered as well - I have lost the outside section of calf, quad and hamstring so there is massive weakness there - but on the plus side I'm spending more time in the pool so my swimming is getting stronger.

The plus side with this whole thing is that I can apply for a classification to become a Para triathlete and race in Tri5 which will hopefully open the door to maybe a shot at going to Rio in 2016.  First we have to get through nationals which are at Penrith 11-12 January 2014.

Stay tuned for the next chapter of "Wilko and his gammy leg"...

No comments: