Welcome to my world.

A quick snippet from my world. I started triathlons when i was 12 in the northwest of W.A and never have looked back. The bikes and gear were pretty simple back then but it was great fun. Now the gear is a bit more high tech but just as much fun. In February 2010, I took the next step in my racing and full filled a small childhood dream of mine, I gained endorsment as a pro triathlete. Now the fun really begins and the training intensifies 10 fold.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Townsville GO TROPO and my First BIG CHEQUE

The Townsville GO TROPO was on again bigger and better, it's definitely going to be one of the races to put on your calendar. We had competitors coming as far as Darwin and New Zealand to compete. The course was tight and very spectator friendly which makes a change from the old "out and back courses" that we are used to. The weather conditions weren't the best, with high winds and a choppy swim, but it made for an interesting race.

The swim was one of the tougher swims that I have done in a long time, the swell was small but really annoying, so much so, that you couldn't really take advantage of the runners coming through. I came out of the water in 4th and managed to make up 2 places in the transition (just goes to show, practicing your transitions really pays off). I caught the lead ride by the end of the first lap and managed to hold the chasing pack for the next 4 laps and come in to transition hold first place.

The run was a big of a struggle, I may have put a little too much into the ride and was paying the price for that. The good thing about having a 2 loop course is that you can see how quick the guys chasing you are coming up behind you. Fortunately I managed to hold the chase and hang on to first place overall. With the win I picked up my first cheque and I also managed to bag the fastest ride as well. The Townsville Go TROPO is definitely a race I will be putting on my calendar for next year.

No comments: